Saturday, March 17, 2012

Swim, Bike, no Run

It was a long time coming, but today I finally did what needed to be done for a few weeks now...

LEGS = SHAVED

Moving on. So I know I've only added a few posts, and this is kind of soon, but I want to thank my readers. The few of you ((that I know of)) make me feel so special. Thank you. I appreciate the encouragement.

Yesterday's swim wasn't as eventful as my first swim, but I was much more comfortable in the water and managed a few more laps than the first time. My comfort was enhanced by the new open swim goggles I bought. They allow you to see 180 degrees and the edges are super sucky (as in suctioned to my face - a good thing) that I am slightly concerned for my eyeballs. They also have UV protection for when your swimming outside. Quite fancy. I look very silly, but they work.

Goofy right? Function, not fashion.
Sidebar: After swimming, mid day margaritas kind of negated any positive contributions to training but it was so much fun. Also I got sunburned in the middle of March?

Today I biked at the gym. It was a rough one because I had to alternate pedaling with just one foot. I understand it's supposed to strengthen my legs and such but (imagine a five year old whining) it's so hard! It's also slightly impractical because I don't have toe clips* on my actual bike yet so I can only do the drill, and utilize the pulling up motion, at the gym. Otherwise, training is going as planned, today was day six.

Have a Happy St. Paddy's Day!


*Toe clips are the strappy things that keep your foot secured to the pedal so you can pedal more efficiently because you aren't just slamming on the pedals to create speed, you can actually push down and then pull up with each rotation. (You can also Google toes clips for a more accurate description because I am not a bike parts expert)

1 comment:

  1. 6 down! A handful left to go! Go Carrie, Go! And, uh, happy St. Patricks Day!!

    ReplyDelete