Tuesday, October 2, 2012

3 Days Late and 1.4 Pounds Short

So I missed my goal. Missed it by 1.4 lousy pounds. Damn.

Sept 29th Weigh In: -1.6lbs
Total Weight Loss: -28.6lbs

I was really angry on Saturday. Like crazy, yelling at anyone who talked to me, angry. I was also sad. I worked so hard last week. I was so accurate with my points. I did everything right.

It's weird. You have weeks where you think, "This is it. I'm gonna get awesome results this week," and you get crummy results, or worse you gain. Then you have weeks where you work out like twice, fudge your points and lose 4 freaking pounds. It makes no sense to me. It also sort of enrages me.

I know, I know...I lost. I should be happy that I didn't gain or stay the same. Well, I say to hell with you. If I'm going to achieve my ultimate goal of losing 50lbs by the end of the year I really need to stay on track. (Sorry to get rough with you there...I don't want you to go the hell...how will you read my blog there?)

I'm having a hard time getting motivated. I mean besides the big 5-0 goal, I don't have much in the way of accountability. I miss my terrifying Tri goal waiting for me, all menacing like, at the end of 25 weeks just forcing me to drag my ass out of bed. I know I should be starting a regular sprint training plan. I know that if I start now I'll be much happier come race day. I know I'll feel less stressed and way more prepared. Does that get me motivated? Not really. It's like I'm hardwired to procrastinate. Seriously. Cleaning, laundry, papers, assignments, you name it - I'll wait til the last damn minute to do it. WHYYYYYY!?!?!?!?!?! Why do I do this? I have no idea. Ugh. I suck.

I think I need more variety. I need to do some new things that will inspire me to want to be better. I would like to do some fun fitness stuff between now and my next Tri. I also need to work on my 3 sports if I'm going to be able to kick some serious butt.

In my Healthy Lifestyle class we talk about the different facets of "Wellness" and it's not just physical. I need to be taking care of myself emotionally, spritually, financially, intellectually, and socially as well. I'm going to try and do a lot of new things and hope that once I find myself slipping into unmotivatedness I can just try to work towards something else. I would like to make myself healthy in all these dimensions of wellness. I would also like to feel prepared once my first Sprint (not Super) Tri rolls around.

Wellness Stuffs:
Take a spin class
Do the stairs at Swallow Cliff
Work up to Running for 30 minutes without stopping
Work up to Swimming 1 mile
Work up to Biking a 1/2 Century (50 miles)
Take a kickboxing class
Try "Plus Sized Pilates" (Yes this is real. It's for larger gals as an intro into Pilates)
Find out what makes Yoga so damn great
Actually RUN a 5k
Get more/better sleep
Bike the lakefront for fun
Bike the trails in our area
Join the Bike Psychos in March
Make time to meditate
Make a seriously realistic budget - stick to it
Consistently contribute to my "New Zealand" fund
GET A DAMN PASSPORT
Start volunteering again - maybe back to the animal welfare?
Try to be less procrastinatey with school work
Prove to myself that I can actually stick to something for 30 days straight
Make more time for my friends
Save up for a better race friendly bike
Spend more time outside

There's a lot of other things I'm sure and I would appreciate any suggestions. But I think I'll start working on the get more/better sleep activity now. No better time to start than now.

Goodnight all. Let's hope this week is better and Rage Carrie stays away. *fingers (still) crossed*

2 comments:

  1. Can we add...

    Smile more.
    Play more board games.
    Eat healthfully.
    Try a possum pie.

    I'm rooting for you! I know you'll reach your 5-0 goal! It's not easy, but I can feel your motivation on this side of the planet. You've got this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we also add, "cut myself a break?"

    That's the hardest part, I know. Keep going.

    ReplyDelete