Saturday, August 11, 2012

Practice Run

14 days left...

Friday, as planned I had a little run through of the Tri sports. I knew it was gonna be a good workout when I heard 101.1 play "As Long as You Love Me" by the Backstreet Boys while driving to the gym. Not gonna lie, I laughed and then very discreetly blasted the song and sang along like it was 1997. I remembered all the words, just in case you were wondering. I also really want to find all my old CDs...

Thanks Guys!
So anyway, I needed to be sure I could do it before the event, for me, just in case. I'd have to say it went pretty well. I successfully completed all three sports, or at least the gym equivalent.

Swam 16 lengths of a 25M pool (or 8 laps) = about 10 minutes
Biked 10 miles at 9/10 of 20 resistance on the UPRIGHT stationary bike = not quite 50 minutes
Ran(walked) 2 miles between 3.0-4.5 on the treadmill = 36 minutes

Total time = 1hr 35min 15sec

Now I know that time isn't the greatest but I hope it'll be a bit better on event day. I anticipate my swim to be either much better due to terror, or much worse due to being dragged under by equally terrified ladies. I hope my bike will be much better because I was keeping a 5 minute mile pace for Bike the Drive and it was quite leisurely. As for the "run" I hope to just throw a little jogging in there and hope to maybe use my race day adrenaline to hit a 15min mile. Which I know is not an awesome time and most people can walk at that pace but I'm factoring in my horridness and tiredness and trying to be realistic.

Again, it really doesn't matter because I just want to finish. So now it will be nice to have something to compare my results to.

Sidebar - Weighed in today. This week -3.8. Overall total = -21 lbs

Today at work, a very nice co worker mentioned that I was looking like I lost some weight and that I was looking good. I smiled and thanked her and told her it was actually 21 pounds today. As I was thanking her she started to apologize and I was confused. She said that some people get offended and are like "Uh so what? I was super fat before then?"

I'm sorry. What? I can't imagine ever saying that. I know I'm overweight and unhealthy, but I am proud of every inch and every pound I lose. I am taking the steps to become a better me. So even though I may shrug it off, like it's no big deal because really I have so much more to lose, I appreciate that people are noticing.

I'm still not really noticing myself yet, but I have a serious issue with anything under 24 pounds, which I have expressed already, so I guess we'll see what happens when I start losing again, instead of "re"losing and when I hit my 10%. Sadly, the only thing I've noticed is that my bras aren't as full but hopefully soon I'll notice it in my other clothes as well.

Two very short weeks left. AHHHHHHH!!! :)

1 comment: