Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Vacation FAIL

Considering how serious I sounded in my last blog, I am ashamed to report that vacation did not go as planned. I purposely tried to find a place that had a pool and a fitness room. Well, the pool was basically a giant tub - not decent for even drill swimming. Then the "fitness room" had one very broken stationary bike, (it wouldn't turn on, the screen cracked) one useless elliptical, and a treadmill that didn't stop. There was also a very confusing weight machine.

On Friday, even though I didn't want to, I pedaled on the broken bike then I fast walked on the treadmill. After that I didn't really want to use broken equipment and we went to the Cubs/Cards game Saturday so I decided to take that day off. Sunday came around and we went to the Gateway Arch and then to the Anheuser-Busch Brewery and didn't do much else. Monday, I also didn't work out but we did a hell of a lot of walking. First, we walked the entire St. Louis Zoo. It's really awesome and super nice and we went through the Penguin exhibit twice! :) Then we walked two different malls so even though it wasn't structured we walked 4+ miles that day. The worst part is I didn't really track my food, and there was so much delicious barbeque. (Seriously if you are ever in St.Louis you NEED to go to The Shaved Duck. Just do it, you'll thank me later)

So I'm upset with myself. At Weight Watchers they always say, 'don't let a bad day turn into a bad week' and that's what I did I got lazy and my bad day turned into a bad long weekend. But as I said before, I'm trying to blog as honestly as possible and I am now holding myself accountable for my actions. Tomorrow it's back to the grind and back to tracking faithfully. I'm trying, but it is hard. I'm learning that I don't have the greatest resolve and strength so it's just another thing I need to work on.

Im not going to let a bad week turn into a bad month and completely derail my training. I WILL NOT.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Carrie!

    Sounds like you had fun doing a bunch of great things in St Louie, except for the Cubs game. Sorry about that. Go White Sox!

    In terms of training, I hope that you have a good day back! Tomorrow is a new day, and the weather is perfect for heading out for a ride or run. Swimming is always a good way to celebrate the spring weather! Even if it's indoors.

    BBQ is a big downfall, I agree. But if you do come to visit in DC (hopefully sooon!) than I've got a great place to go, and they've got pretty wide array of sizing options - which helps. The place is right by my classes, so I don't know what I'm going to do once I finish up. I love the coleslaw they have there. Lots of great veggies, very little, extremely minimal dressing, I like to pretend it's not so bad.

    Once again, good luck with getting back into the rhythm! You can do it! One step, pedal or stroke at a time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the week got off to a good start... one way or another, here's to a strong finish! End on a high note! Happy almost Friday and weekend!!

    ReplyDelete