Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Thinking Positively


This week is 100% better because I've been fortified by the support and love I've experienced. I got two wonderful post cards, and the picture above was the special bit hidden behind a layer of tape on one of them. I taped it to my headboard and I will read it every morning. It's amazing motivation and was exactly what I needed after such a negative week.

I feel like this blog has been kind of boring, but I promise after my final I will have plenty to update about. I have a lot going on in May. I have the Autism Speaks walk, the Beverly Breast Cancer walk, Bike the Drive, and I recently signed up for Ridge Run. Of course, it will be more like Ridge joggy walk, but you know what I mean.

I just found jog.fm which is a website that shows you the beats per minute of songs and how many minutes per mile you can expect to experience if you run (or jog) to the music. I'm pretty excited because I noticed that I don't have to download anything because I have plenty of 10,11, and 12 minute songs. Right now my goal is to keep a 12 minute mile pace when I'm training, which is basically a fast walk, and work up to 10 minutes by Tri time.

I'm looking forward to both walks this weekend and what I know is going to be a better weigh in. I like positive Carrie much better than negative Carrie.

No comments:

Post a Comment