Saturday, May 25, 2013

A Colorful Time


Well, it turns out what I thought was allergies is most likely a crummy summer cold. I had big plans to get into a serious training rotation and ended up working out Monday and then spent the rest of the week trying feel better. I also was having some weird left knee pain...not exactly knee pain but like 'back of the left side of my knee' pain. On top of being unable to breathe, I figured giving the leg a rest would help and maybe prevent future injuries.

I wasted a few days this week taking Allegra and being miserable and doing absolutely nothing while I went through multiple Kleenex boxes. That's a lot of boogers and one unhappy Carrie. So after working Wednesday and being generally quite unpleasant and germy, I was instructed by my most trusted charge nurse Katie (with her extensive pharmaceutical knowledge) that I needed to take Mucinex. Since there are multiple kinds, I asked which one to get. She responded, "You need the D". Now if you are totally immature like myself, I hope you went into a fit a giggles like I did, because it was terribly funny.

So I got myself the D...Mucinex D and I feel a lot better. My Kleenex usage had drastically decreased and I was able to be active today without feeling like I was going to pass out. Yay!

Speaking of being active today, I did Run or Dye at Toyota Park today! It was a bunch of messy fun with some cool ladies. Mandee, Liz, Caitlin and I braved the semi cold weather and the gravel and had a good time. Mandee recently ruptured her Achilles so I pushed her for the three miles in a wheelchair while we got powdered dye tossed at us. After a few days of no exercise at all I was glad to get in 3miles and some upper body work - pushing a wheelchair over gravel is no picnic but it was worth it. We had a great time.

OH YEAH! I almost forgot! I got up a bit early today and went to Weight Watchers to weigh in. Even though I slacked on the exercise front I must have done something right this week because I lost 3.6 lbs!

May 25th Weigh In: -3.6 lbs.
Total Weight loss: 41.2 lbs
Weight: 243 lbs (told you I'd see that number again!)

I'll leave you with some pictures from our colorful day (stolen from one M. Delso)
Pre Dye Pic

The Dye is basically cornstarch...
not great for contacts


Me and Liz

All of us!


Don't Worry, It's a rental!

No comments:

Post a Comment